Forsway, a provider of innovative, cost-efficient solutions for enabling broadband connectivity in underserved regions, has announced its next generation of satellite terminals. Produced by a strategic manufacturing partner, Zinwell, the new Forsway Odin F-60, and Odin F-60 Pro terminals will be available in Q1 2023 and will succeed the F-50 model.
Forsway’s innovative hybrid Satcom hardware and technology combine satellite with existing terrestrial technologies enabling broadband services for users in a host of underserved markets still lacking reliable internet access. Following Forsway’s tradition of connecting the unconnected, the new generation of Forsway satellite terminals will help operators and service providers offer high-speed cost-efficient connectivity in regions where they previously lacked the ability to deliver reliable broadband services to end users.
Forsway Odin F-60 and Odin F-60 Pro are cost-effective, high-performance satellite routers developed for hybrid IP services by tapping a combination of satellite and terrestrial data. The benchmark technology and equipment harness DVB-S2/(X)/ACM for downlink with the ability to combine a wide range of terrestrial return channels.
“As market needs continuously evolve, the new generation of Odin F-60’s produced by technology partner, Zinwell, have been developed to meet more advanced customer demands for networking performance and satellite bandwidth efficiency, says Edvin Lindkvist, CTO at Forsway. The new feature-rich F-60’s will also cater to new use cases such as advanced SD-WAN and edge computing capabilities.”
“In addition to the new F-60 and F-60 pro, Forsway is designing a tailor-made version together with a long-time business partner for deployment with their professional Satcom operations. Details will be released later. “
The Forsway Odin F-60 Pro comes equipped with an integrated LTE modem and doubles the data bandwidth from satellite, whereas the F-60 is a more cost-efficient version for scenarios where mobile connectivity and the highest throughput are not required.
Forsway products provide improved broadband access in regions that experience fragmented or insufficient connectivity. The company’s unique hybrid solutions enable operators and service providers to offer reliable connectivity packages in both emerging markets and the vast quantity of rural areas found in most industrialized countries.
- Higher throughput; to 200 Mbit/s (satellite to LAN)
- Internal expandable storage for content delivery use cases storage
- Internal LTE module (in F-60 Pro edition)
- Supports DVB-S2X and GSE for improved satellite bandwidth efficiency
- Integrated high-performance Wi-Fi 5 access point
- Support for running edge workloads
- Hybrid broadband internet services over satellite, as CPE in the Forsway Xtend System.
- Content reception and storage from satellite multicast.
- Gateway for multicast ABR streaming.
- Target for running large-scale containerized edge workloads, distributed and controlled using satellite multicast.
- Integrated LTE modem (in the F-60 Pro edition)
- Mobile USB dongles
- ADSL modems and other Ethernet network devices
The router integrates all functionality required for hybrid internet over satellite connectivity. For simplified installation, the satellite service provisioning is completely automatic.
Previews of the new terminals will be available during IBC Expo, Sept. 9-11, Amsterdam.
Click here to learn about Forsway Odin F-50 Router.
Click here to learn about IBC 2022.